Musical Musing with Mike, Part Two
We’re back with the second of a two-part audio interview with Mike conducted by Ade Brown (former editor of the Just 1 Page charity comic) in celebration of the release of the latest Castor novel. The interview includes songs (10 total, 5 per part) selected by Mike that inform his creative work.
Total run time: 1:24:34
(Part One is here.)
The fourth Castor novel, Thicker Than Water, was released in the UK last month.
Here’s the song list from the interview’s second part. (The times indicate approximately when each song starts.)
1. “Get Lonely,” by The Mountain Goats, from Get Lonely (2005). Starts at 17:37.
2. “Rooks,” by Shearwater, from Rook (2008). Starts at 40.02.
3. “Talkin’ Bear Mountain Picnic Massacre Blues,” by Bob Dylan, from The Bootleg Series, Vols. 1-3 : Rare And Unreleased, 1961-1991 (1991). Starts at 49:16.
4. “Joseph Cross,” by June Tabor, from Angel Tiger (1992). Starts at 1:01:27.
5. “Fear,” by Sarah McLachlan, from Fumbling Towards Ecstasy (1993). Starts at 1:09:37.
If you’d prefer to listen to the interview as an MP3 podcast, right-click on this link and “save as” to download.