Musical Musing with Mike, Part One
As promised, we’ve got the first of a thoughtful two-part audio interview with Mike conducted by the multi-talented Ade Brown (former editor of the Just 1 Page charity comic) on the eve of the release of Mike’s latest Castor novel, intercut with songs (10 total, 5 per part) selected by Mike that inform his day to day work.
Total run time: 44:28
(Part Two is here.)
The fourth Castor novel, Thicker Than Water, was released in the UK last week.
Here’s the song list from the interview’s first part. (The times indicate approximately when each song starts.)
1. “Green Gloves,” by The National, from Boxer (2007). Starts at 3:31.
2. “Peach, Plum, Pear,” by Joanna Newsom, from The Milk-Eyed Mender (2004). Starts at 10:46.
3. “In the Aeroplane Over the Sea,” by Neutral Milk Hotel, from In the Aeroplane Over the Sea (1998). Starts at 21:11.
4. “The Carpet Crawlers,” by Genesis, from The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway (1974). Starts at 28:54.
5. “The World Turned Upside Down,” by Billy Bragg, from Between the Wars EP (1985). Starts at 39:08.
If you’d prefer to listen to the interview as an MP3 podcast, right-click on this link and “save as” to download.